Century Village is the 88 acre traditional neighborhood development located in Monroe, Louisiana. CenturyLink selected Southern Lifestyle Development Company, the developer of the award winning Village of River Ranch (among others), to develop the 88 acre parcel of real estate. It is the home of the new IBM Innovation Center and new merchants will soon be open, including Progressive Bank, St. Francis Urgent Care Clinic, Romacelli Bistro e Vino, POUR Restaurant & Bar, and Century Village Athletic Club. Vintage Realty Company was selected to develop the Apartment Homes soon to be under construction.
Monroe is located in northeastern Louisiana and is a regional hub for technology, education, shopping, healthcare, entertainment and the arts.
It’s an outdoor enthusiast’s dream with many options and a mild climate that allows year round fun. Monroe also has a very active creative community that hosts many unique entertainment events.
Some of the activities nearby include:
- Boating, water skiing and fishing
- Biking – road and trail riding
- Parks and recreation
- Hunting large and small game
- High-quality golf courses and tennis courts
- Landry Vineyards
- Antique Alley
- Art Alley
- Masur Museum of Art
- Chennault Aviation & Military Museum
- African American Heritage Museum
- Northeast Louisiana Children’s Museum
- Mardi Gras Parades
- Flourishing Downtown
- Monroe Symphony Orchestra
- Louisiana Delta Ballet Company & Twin City Ballet Company
- Strauss Theatre Center & Strauss Youth Academy
- Grambling State University, Louisiana Tech University, University of Louisiana at Monroe
- Delta Community College & various technical schools
- Public and private school options
For more information on the area, check out the City of Monroe’s website.
Other attractions and things to do can be found on the Convention and Visitor’s Bureau Website.